Wednesday, February 4, 2009

dating a napoleon complex

My brother calls it the 'Chihuahua complex' - guys who are short but make lots of noise. And considering that our race is somewhat vertically challenged, short Jewish guys who feel the need to compensate are pretty widespread.
Short guys don't have it easy in this world - especially in the dating world, where unless they want to pull a Tom Cruise (and hypnotize some tall Katie girl into scientology submission), their choice of potential mate is pretty limited.
Most girls want someone they could look up to - physically that is. Maybe it's a shoe thing. Girls like to look pretty in heels, and there is nothing a girl dreads more than having to wear flats under the chuppah.
Maybe it's for the chosson's benefit that you don't see a couple's first dance at frum weddings... (nothing is more awkward that seeing a couple dance together when they are incompatible height wise).
I'm totally generalizing here, but I have found that short guys tend to actually be better looking and in better shape than tall guys. The buffest guys at the gym are often the shorties - maybe your mom was right when she said that guys who work out when they're not fully developed don't grow - or maybe short guys are the ones who feel the need to work with what they've got.
And really tall guys often have a 'ya I'm hot and I know it' c&cky attitude (which by the way, is a total turnoff, unless you're into girls who are into bad boys). But on the other hand, short guys can have that 'I'm small but mean' streak that you just don't want to see.
And let's face it - short guys = short kids.
But then, you're a Jewish girl - you're probably short too!

15 comments:

Lars Shalom said...

well

Shorty said...

What's worse, is dating a short guy with a complex, who openly says he doesn't have a complex...(yes, i have experienced this)

Bilingual said...

I actually prefer short guys; I know, I'm weird. There is such a thing as too short, but what's normally considered short is fine with me. Even though I like heels.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say shorter guys are better looking (my husband is 6'4 and I'm partial to exceptionally tall guys anyway), but when I lived in Israel I noticed that the army guys were all really short, but really buff. They didn't give off a short impression because their muscles were so ginormous.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the short guys but then again, I'm 5 foot tall so the vast majority of people are already taller than me to start with. :)

Anonymous said...

My mother and father about the same hight so whenever we would take family pictures at a Simcha my mother would take off her shoes :-)

tembow said...

as a tall jewish girl, i've gotta say that there are wayyy too many short guys and not enough of the tall ones. and if there are tall guys, the short girls always manage to get them :)

Mikeinmidwood said...

I aint tall or anything, in fact I am short, but I know that if I dont care no one else does either.

Ookamikun said...

There's a very good reason why tall guys like short girls...

Why most of the guys in the gym are short? Weight lifting is harder for tall guys, center of gravity, longer arms, etc.

frum single female said...

very short guys usually do have a napolean compelex. by short i mean under 5 ft 4 in. i do feel sorry for them, though. its got to be tough. im only five feet tall and i prefer men who are at least 5 ft 8 .

Lost And Not Yet Found said...

lol the complex thing is so true, though I think shorter guys are better looking is based on your opinion. I happen to like tall guys even though I'm short.. and huge muscles aren't nice looking, but that just might be my opinion..

Maidel said...

looks like we all have our preferences!
advantage to dating a short guy when you're a petite Jewish girl - you don't feel like he is looking at your dandruff or up your nose when you talk to him!

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

My little brother is a perfect example of this. He's 12 years old and has the napoleon complex. My other brothers had it too.

I've always worried about being too short...but now I've come to be okay with it.

Sarah Likes Green said...

tembow said what i was gonna say.

it's not easy being a tall jewish girl

Anonymous said...

NY Daily News
Celebrity Photos
February 11, 2009

The ultimate accessory: Short men

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/galleries/tall_women_short_men/tall_women_short_men.html