Thursday, January 7, 2010

bad blind dates

You know those movie montages that they show in romantic comedies where the heroine goes on a series of bad blind dates with a series of bad blind date stereotypes?

For the past week or two, that's been my dating life in a nutshell.

Science geek from the Midwest who has hobbies such as reading? Check.
Sleazy Brooklyn hocker who mysteriously has millions? Check.
Ivy League grad who wants to talk about Nietzsche? Check.
Volunteer Hatzolah dude who gets excited about crazy trauma cases? Check.

Why can't I meet guys who are... normal.... you know - whose lives aren't ripped out of the pages of a movie script by the Coen brothers?

I hate getting frustrated about dating (see New Year's resolution, below). And I hate being corny.... But when will the 'happily ever after' part kick in?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're definitely embracing diversity (maybe not literally) in your dating life.

Single on the Scene said...

MM-first off: WELCOME TO MY WORLD!
Second of all: we shud really compare notes-I might be able to save u from some horror stories & movie scripts.

Dan said...

It will happen when Hashem wants it to happen, I feel the same way, when will it be MY turn? Granted I don't have the dating horror stories that you have, but I can still feel your pain from years past and my dating horror stories from my pre frum days.

Data said...

The frogs mentioned above (unbelievably) have their own princesses to kiss. They too seek their "Happily ever after." I'm sure there is a . . . quirky sort of gal for them too.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I say the same about the weird girls I date.

Maidel said...

SOS - seriously, can we please compare?

Ookamikun said...

Would you prefer a Volunteer Hatzholah dude who wants to talk about Nietzsche and a Sleazy Brooklyn hocker who gets excited about crazy trauma cases?

Eli7 said...

Can you send me the Ivy League grad who wants to talk about Nietzsche? I could deal with that. I'll trade you one of my bad dates.