Thursday, December 4, 2008

why women are 'bossy'...

I'm a pretty laid-back, easy-going, go-with-the-flow type of girl. It's almost a problem when it comes to making Saturday night plans with me. I'm usually cool with going anywhere, doing anything --- as long as I've got an outfit for it!

But at home? My family says I can be a little bossy - ok really bossy. Especially around my brothers. And I'll admit, I probably do sound like a nag.

But is it my fault?

It's just that if I don't tell my brothers to do something, they simply won't get it done. Girls - you know what I'm talking about right?

My brothers will often leave their socks/clothes/boxers (eww) on my bathroom floor after they take a shower. If I never nagged them about it - we would probably have enough clothes on the floor to start our own Gap franchise.

If I don't tell them what to do - repeatedly (they never seem to quite get it the first time, and they seem to only respond once my voice hits mad woman pitch) - then I know not to expect results. I may as well do it myself. But I do enough around the house and sometimes it isn't enough and I need help.

Wow - I think I'm starting to sound like my mother.

Ok, I'll concede that there are just certain things I hate doing - washing dishes, taking out the garbage - I'd rather just delegate!

And every Shabbos, it's the same story. The guys mysteriously and quietly leave the table so that they can avoid having to clear. They think they're smart. I used to throw hissy fits over this. But I'm smarter now - I'm the one that mysteriously and quietly leaves the table!

3 comments:

Shorty said...

In Men are from Mars...
dude says its because women ask "could you take out the trash"... apparently the man's mind, it is more of an ability question. Yes he is able to. Now if you wask WOULD you take out the trash, it is much more like a request which they understand.

I've tried to could/would. sometimes. it works...

frumskeptic said...

I'm bossy too. lol.
:)

If I dont yell at people to get things done, they jsut wont do anything!

I know exactly what you're talking about!

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I know what you mean...

Shorty: my seminary teacher told us that, she said it's an excellent book and we should buy it!