Thursday, December 4, 2008

get off the internet and chew some gum


Random Bochur scores another sheitel-tip again.

He sent me this article from the NY Times : http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/25/business/media/25adco.html?_r=1&ref=technology

You may have seen this ad before on the Subway.

Any thoughts? Do we spend too much time online? (sounds like a silly question coming from me!)

I'll admit I spend a major chunk of my day on my laptop. Facebook, E-mails, MM, and not to mention school and work, are all things that require me to spend a lot of time online. It's almost not by choice anymore!

I have some friends who are AGAINST Facebook - they don't want to risk getting addicted. And I'll admit, I am pretty addicted. But it's such a great way to keep in touch with people I wouldn't otherwise see on a daily basis!

Thoughts?

6 comments:

EsPes said...

im a huuuuge facebook addict! ;-P
but as long as it doesnt interfere with my "real life", i dont think its a problem.

Anonymous said...

I dont have internet on my phone, so before I leave the house I write down Facebook statuses and blog posts I want to read in a notepad I carry around.

Anonymous said...

I would be unable to keep in contact with anyone other than my mother if I didn't have facebook. I'm not a phone person and I don't have free time to just hang out or go out to lunch with any of my friends (not to mention many of them live in a different city than I do...).

Maidel said...

omg!
i got FrumPunk's comment on my crackberry as I was driving and also crashed because I was laughing so hard!

frumskeptic said...

I'm addicted to facebook. It ist he most convenient way to KIT with people.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I haven't seen that ad bfore, but really cool, gets its point across.

btw, you've got to do something about your links already! Please? (to make them clickable!)

I used to be addicted to facebook, but not anymore, once or twice a day I will reply to messages, unless there's an important one. I barely sign on to chat anymore, cause it has just become too annoying to have to always be able to answer right away and not be able to do other things at the same time.

But yet, I'm bad with outside communication, I find it easier to respond to an e-mail than to return a phone call, cause with a phone call I'm afraid how long it may last and I calculate when will I have the hour free time, and I never find the time, so I don't call back. Whereas, if it's an e-mail then I can just do my one side and they get back when their available, and visa versa.

I don't get what was funny about FrumPunk's comment? or maybe now I do, still not sure.