Sunday, March 29, 2009

the proposal

They say you should be careful what you wish for.

I remember when I was much younger, I had a cousin who was constantly in and out of the hospital for weeks. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. I felt so bad. I prayed to Hashem that she should get better, and I remember wishing I was the one who was sick instead of her.
A few days later the doctors realized that it was my cousin's ruptured appendix that was causing her pain. And sure enough, one week later, I had my own appendix removed for the same cause.

Maybe this isn't such a great post for MM.... I should be more careful about what I tell you ;)
And like I said, what I wish for.

Maybe because I'm so fed up already of singlehood, I prayed to Hashem that someone would propose already. And someone did. Just not the right person. At least, I don't think it's the right person.

Sometimes I doubt myself at these moments - what if this person is my beshert and I'm the one who's responsible for 'missing the boat'?

Maybe I should have worded my tefillah a little more thoughtfully that night...

Maybe I shouldn't have written this post...

6 comments:

NotaGeek! said...

Don't fret about the past, work on the future... Good luck...

Anonymous said...

ive been there. you daven that someone wil want to marry you, and then one comes around, but hes not the person you want to marry.
ive reworded my request as well.
its ok.
im sure your a very likeable person who many boys would love to marry, doesnt meen you have to want to marry them back.
gotta find the right fit, not just the right style.

David said...

I hope the sod doesn't read your blog!

Pinny said...

I, for one, am impressed with your track record of being answered right a way by You Know Who.

Are you taking tefilah requests?

Ookamikun said...

Can I get on the list too?
Maybe you should offer a tefilah service, though it might stop working if you start charging people.

Maidel said...

A wise Rabbi once taught me that Hashem's relationship with you is a reflection of the relationship you have with Him.

If you see Hashem as a Friend you can always turn to, that's the way that Hashem interacts with you.