I consider myself ModOrth for one reason and one reason only: I don't think I fit any of the other labels.
- I'm pretty involved with the Jewish community where I am - so I am definitely not unaffiliated.
- I keep Shabbos and Kosher - rules out Reform or Reconstructionist or Humanistic or any of those other New Age-type denominations.
- I would feel weird sitting next to a guy in shul - so I couldn't be Conservative (but maybe the fact that I haven't been since the 'High Holidays' does make me eligible )
- Although I think Rebbes are cool, I think ALL Rebbes are cool - so I couldn't be any particular type of Chassid because there isn't any other Chassidish group that I hate.
- I watch TV and Movies (shocker) and like to show skin (ok, relax, it's just my collarbones) - so I definitely wouldn't fit in the Yeshivish world. (despite the fact that they all secretly watch TV and Movies).
Apparently some dating sites are distinguishing between MO Machmir and MO Liberal. Anyone know the difference between the two? If I said I was Liberal, would that make guys think I was easy? Does Machmir mean I want to make Aliyah and wear Naots?