Tuesday, January 20, 2009

i never watched an inauguration and i'm not about to

I'll admit I only saw a two minute clip online because I wanted to see what Michelle was wearing.
The Inauguration was pretty hard to avoid.
As Miri said to me today, there could have been a war going on and we wouldn't know about it.
I think it's cool that we now have a black president, especially considering that not too long ago a black man couldn't even vote, much less run for office.
And it's refreshing to have a president that isn't from a WASPy founding father family.
But - seriously?

3 comments:

frumskeptic said...

ah yes, if only the black president we now have was a man that actually had experience, rather than just a media-created arrogant dummy filled with hope.

Anonymous said...

I am old enough to have seen many new presidents take office. I, therefore, am less impressed with the fact that we have a black president, than with the fact that B"H this country has had continual peaceful transfers of power every 4 or 8 years.

Look around the globe at other so-called "democracies", e.g., Egypt, and see that it is something worth appreciating.

David_on_the_Lake said...

oh I agree....
soon the last bastion of white men will a bunch of ranting and raving angry old men on talk radio..