Thursday, December 4, 2008

are you getting divorced?

My good friend (ok, we've never met, but who says friendship can't be virtual!), Random Bochur, sent me this link to a Divorce Calculator. Yup, that's right - a calculator that measures your odds of getting divorced. Only catch? You need to be married to take the test. But even if you're not, it's interesting to see what they come up with!

Here's the link: http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/02/assessing-your-divorce-risk/

Too bad they don't take into account religion....

6 comments:

NotaGeek! said...

It gave me a 12% chance of getting divorced even though I've never been married.
With a 12% risk I'll have to think if it's worth it.....

NotaGeek! said...

On a side note....
Where I live in BP I've recently seen these subway billboards advertising divorce specials.
Like 299$ for a divorce package for a limited time...Like it's some sort of hot deal...

Anonymous said...

I know it's for entertainment purposes, but there are so many factors missing... and why does it matter what level of schooling you have/had?

Frum Librarian said...

Jessica- someone probably just did random studies on the correlation between level of education and divorce rate...it's so random. I have a 13% chance of getting divorced, but I don't buy it.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Strange I did female, married, children, some college, married 1980 and on, married 22 years, and yet it said 44% divorce rate, very strange.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I have a 5% chance of getting divorced. But I ran the numbers for my husband and he has a 7% chance... ??????