Friday, October 10, 2008

fast manicures

My co-worker, Lauren, was getting a manicure over lunch yesterday (yom kippur). She approached me today and asked me whether getting a manicure was 'ok' for good Jew on the Holy Day. I told her it wasn't exactly the best thing to be doing... She told suspected as much... Apparently when she was getting her nails done, a nice Jewish lady was sitting next to her complaining about being thirsty. This woman was fasting while paying for a mani/pedi.
But then... I pretty much slept throughout the day. Is that any more yomtovdik?

2 comments:

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

doesn't sound right for someone to get a manicure on Yom Kippur. But I can understand sleeping, it's neutral, your not doing anything extra but at the same time your not doing anything wrong. I was in shul practically the whole day and I didn't feel any hunger because of it.

Anonymous said...

you spent the day sleeping? oy...