Tuesday, September 16, 2008

paid to date

my friend Shaindy heard it from her mother who heard it from a friend who heard it from her daughter who heard it from a shadchan, that......

apparently there is this new shtick in some parts of Brooklyn where guys are PAID to go out with girls.

ok, you know me, trying to see the bright side in all of this....

maybe it gets a little pricey for a guy to take out a different girl every night...(how is he supposed to save up for a house?)

maybe he's still in school and doesn't have money yet....

maybe his parents aren't too well off either.....

or maybe he's so f--ing sick of dating he needs a good incentive!

which is it?

11 comments:

Mikeinmidwood said...

Im applying for it right now :)

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

or maybe guys get paid to date Certain types of girls. Like certain age ranges and stuff, trying to help solve the shidduch crisis kinda stuff.

If it's just any guy that can get paid for dating any girl, then dunno where they are getting the money from.

Although I did hear that Shadchanim will pay for the first date or something to get people to go out, then if its successful they get the usual shadchan money.

Rafi G. said...

can you apply for this job if you are already married???

Lion of Zion said...

holy crap. please tell me you're kidding. this could be viewed by some as prostitution (paying someone for a date).

this is so screwed up. i really feel bad for your generation.

RAFI:

i was thinking of that as i read the post . . . except i wouldn't have had the guts to leave your comment :)

Rafi G. said...

LOZ - I don't think my wife reads this blog so I am probably ok.. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think it's what babysitter said - shadchanim give the guy money for the first date to show that they really think the shidduch will work (and not just - he's a guy and she's a girl). And if the shidduch works, they get apid the usual shadchanus money.

mother in israel said...

Rafi, I know your wife's email. . .

Rafi G. said...

lol

Tanya said...

I know enough shadchanim who just randomly set up P/V (boy/girl)dates. If a shadchan is willing to put her money where her mouth is b/c she thinks it's actually a good shidduch I'm all for it.
I think I should get reimbursed for some of the losers I have had to go out with.
Girls spend money too, especially if you have to travel b/c you're from OOT.

Maidel said...

i think this does sound a little bit like prostitution. solicitation in the very least. should we call the cops?

halfshared said...

You're joking. Gosh, what has this world come to?