Tuesday, August 26, 2008

awkward hugs

So I was at this wedding last night and while I'm a good friend of the bride, I've only known the groom since they started dating about three years ago.
They're both MO and had a really fun MO wedding - mixed seating, separate dancing until it was just the friends left in the hall and then everyone went crazy together dancing the Cha Cha Slide! (which reminds me.... I have to go learn those moves after this.... maybe you want to join? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nbMLOr0tHU)
I was never really sure exactly how frum the groom was (it's pretty hard to tell where an MO stands on anything truth be told!).
So I go up to the groom to wish him mazel tov and I was like "hey, can i give you a hug mazel tov".
This is where it gets awkward.
He goes "oh, I thought you were Shomer".
I go "oh, I thought you were Shomer".
Guess not.
We didn't end up hugging.

3 comments:

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

If you both weren't shomer, then how come you didn't hug?

Maidel said...

because it was awkward!

and I don't know if I'm NOT shomer.... I'm just cool with hugging grooms! (maybe I'm sub-conciously trying to make them jealous about what they missed out on....)

EsPes said...

hahahhahhaa


i would think its weirder to hug a married guy!