Monday, May 19, 2008

the date with the foreigner

I know that people are curious with how my date went with the Foreigner aka the Yeshivish name-dropper (see post below).
now, usually, a good girl doesn't kiss and tell.
but I can tell you in all honesty that there certainly wasn't any ki$$ing to tell about.
my date was alright, if a tad on the B-O-R-I-N-G side. guess there's no Gemarah on Conversation Skills 101. (obviously though, that doesn't excuse the Foreigner - I've encountered many Men in Black who know how to make a girl blush)
I didn't end up Googling any yeshivish words though! Although that probably would have made the convo a little more interesting, I figured I might as well be as real as possible on the date. (well, you know, besides for the fake hair extensions and eyelashes)
I think going out with the Foreigner made me realize that sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side. (it's Black and White)
I think I'll stick to dating guys more my speed. (know anyone cute?)
Oh - and guess how the date ended? With another yeshivish word, of course.
I told him we weren't Shayich.

4 comments:

chanie said...

you told him that to his FACE? that wasnt very yeshivish of you... Oysh in guten vey.

Maidel said...

nope, not very yeshivish of me at all - guess that proves that i've got a passport.

Anonymous said...

i am sure the poor guy is heartbroken!!! er ot nisht kein mazel!

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Maidel: at least you spoke in a language he can understand, should make it easier for him to digest.