Friday, August 28, 2009

random thoughts of people our age

I read this on Bangitout and realized I've probably had pretty much every thought on this list at least once.

Here are my faves:

2. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

5. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

9. There is a great need for sarcasm font.

10. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the fck was going on when I first saw it.

11. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.

13. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

15. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

18. Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

28. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.


31. Bad decisions make good stories

33. Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?

34. If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.

39. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

42. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

45. Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

46. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.

53. I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my husband is the only person who gets in the shower before turning on the water.

Anonymous said...

I've had:
- Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.
- Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.
- I never really learnt to swear until I learnt to drive.

For those of us in sciences.
- To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.

Anonymous said...

I was reading some of these out loud to my husband, and realised half way through # 36 (You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.) probably didn't apply to him. MLIA?

Altie said...

i love number 34. They are all very cute and so true. Who came up with these?

%Shocked% said...

Wow! I loved every one of those lol.. And I think I've come up with every one of those that you posted except 34 which is way too random, even for me :p. Hilarious post!

smb said...

Also enjoyed it :)

Ookamikun said...

Agree about most. 2 and 5 is not me at all. 39, does not apply, computer guy here. 42, same as 5, I just couldn't care less.

46, I'm the cyclist and you morons who turn without using turn signal, open doors like your car's about to explode, and most women drivers suck!
As for pedestrians, if you're waiting for the light, stand on the @#$% sidewalk and not 5 feet away from it on the street!!!