Monday, July 20, 2009

looking for something not so serious?

I met this girl a little while ago (not how I usually begin these kind of posts, I know) who's a friend of a friend. She's married but normal (ok, not fair of me to say it like that.) She's married but still goes out with her friends.... (is that better?) So while we are not besties yet, we have hung out a couple of times with our mutual bud and other people.

So anyhow, the other day, this girl mentioned how she knows a ton of single guys and wants to set me up.

She asked what I'm looking for.

I asked her what she thought I was looking for.

At this point, I thought maybe she had a feel for who I was, and who doesn't wonder what impression you give off to other people?

But then she said "Well, you're not looking for anything serious are you?"

I have to say, I was kind of offended.

What does that mean? Do I somehow give off a 'ho vibe'?

Or do I just not reek of the ugly desperation that so many single girls over 20 seem to give off in these parts?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to chuckle when I read "single girls over 20" do you have any idea how young that is?