Saturday, May 23, 2009

a tip for your tips


I got this tip from the latest issue of Cosmo - which I only bought because Leighton Meester is this month's cover girl. If you don't know who that is, and if the name Blair Waldorf (my idol) doesn't ring a bell, then you must have been living in a Tzfat cave for the past two years.

While Cosmo's articles are normally not too tznius (you know what I mean, right? Or do you only buy Hamodia?), their recent issue had a fab feature on stretching your beauty budget.

I started trying this tip, and so far so good!

Before, I often noticed that my manis last a max of three days before they started to chip. And while no one notices when you're wearing Marshmallow or Ballet Slipper (light colors), when you decide to go Wicked (dark) or Poor Little Rich Girl (red), cracks show from a mile away.

So - here's what you do: buy a top coat from your neighborhood Walgreens. I bought Good to Go by Essie (see pic above - it's all I wear on my nails). It was around $10. And every day after I got my mani, I paint my nails with this quick-drying clear coat.

It's now Day 5 after my mani - and despite some super steamy showers and washing some dishes (who says a Material Maidel won't get her hands dirty) - my nails still look pretty decent!

Let me know if this tip works for you!

Do you have any other beauty secrets (men - I know you do too)? Fill me in!

4 comments:

Dude with hat (aka BTS) said...

Wow, that's a really undressing post!

Tem said...

i've started doing my own nails and they last a long time, surprisingly. i just bought my nail color from my nail place and i bought a base/top coat polish in RiteAid. AND the best part is i save $9 every week!!

Maidel said...

alas - i still don't know how to paint my own nails.

Anonymous said...

i didnt think i could do my right hand well but i was able to do it well enough. try it!