Wednesday, January 7, 2009

how was your fast?

Hope you all had a meaningful fast!

I actually forgot all about it....

Well, I knew that it was coming up - I knew this yesterday in fact...

But maybe it's just that I'm not a morning person...

So when I woke up bright and early today at 11:45 AM

And my mom (who just came back from NY) showed me all the goodies she picked up from Oh Nuts (have you ever been there? it's candy store heaven)

I just couldn't resist having a chocolate-covered rum nut ball thing for breakfast with my tea.

My father and the rest of my family were already gone when I woke up

And my mom kinda thinks only Yom Kippur is an important fast (I'm over telling her otherwise)

So there was no one to remind me this morning that I wasn't supposed to eat a bunch of the aforesaid rum balls... and cheerios...

Or to meet my friend for lunch ...

Hope Hashem thinks like my mom!

6 comments:

Shorty said...

I tried to fast, i really tried, but i suffer from hypoglycemia and being at work...i had to eat...

:(

Jacob Da Jew said...

My rule: Work = no fast. Hence only YK and TB are fast days for me.

Originally From Brooklyn said...

You could do a make up fast, a day of no make up. lol.

Anonymous said...

I was planning on fasting then my husband reminded me that I'm still in recovery from the delivery and don't have to. Yet another fast that this baby has gotten me out of. Yay!

Anonymous said...

your dooooooomed!

Mikeinmidwood said...

Easiest fast I ever had.